Broody Hen!

SparklyCaticorn

In the Brooder
Sep 9, 2020
I have a broody hen that has been staying in the nesting box all day and night. I don’t know if she has left it to eat or drink, but she probably has. How do I stop a hen from being broody?

I have a broody hen that has been staying in the nesting box all day and night. I don’t know if she has left it to eat or drink, but she probably has. How do I stop a hen from being broody?
She needs to cool off. Put her in a raised dog crate, without the plastic liner, for a few days with food and water. The key is to let the air circulate underneath her. I do have a short 2x3 in mine for her feet. I let mine out on day 3 and see how they act. If they go back to the nesting box right away, back to the crate.

She needs to cool off. Put her in a raised dog crate, without the plastic liner, for a few days with food and water. The key is to let the air circulate underneath her. I do have a short 2x3 in mine for her feet. I let mine out on day 3 and see how they act. If they go back to the nesting box right away, back to the crate.
Ditto Dat!
Note the smaller mesh, 1" x 2", on the bottom of crate.
I also put a chunk of 2x4 for a 'roost' was added to crate floor after pic was taken.

1618929960666.png

Back
Top Bottom