Broody Hen!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Sylverfly, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Sylverfly

Sylverfly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Northeastern Michigan
    Anyone know where I can get some Crested chicks and maybe some silkies, preferably a small amount of chicks. I know its late in the year but I have a broody hen that’s been sitting on golf balls for 3 months, she has adopted young and older chicks multiple times. I fear she is a broody losing her mind she sticks to her golf balls like glue…I need some chicks pronto.

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Wynette is in Michigan, but she doesn't have crested chickens or silkies that I'm aware of.

3. Sylverfly

Apr 29, 2009
    Northeastern Michigan
    What kind of chicks does she have?

4. Happy Chooks

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    BCM's, Jersey Giants, Blue Ameraucana's, Silver Penciled Rocks and Olive Eggers. All her birds are beautiful. I had some of her Olive eggers, but a raccoon got them, and I have 2 female Silver Penciled Rocks. Here's her website:
    http://www.adamsonacres.com/gallery.htm

5. Sylverfly

Apr 29, 2009
    Northeastern Michigan
    Does she ship chicks…probably not, its pricey and difficult to do for a small breeder. I think it would be too late in the year to let my broody hatch eggs, but her eggs and chickens are beautiful. And sorry about your poor olive eggers, curse those masked chicken bandits.

6. Happy Chooks

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
  7. Sylverfly

Apr 29, 2009
    Northeastern Michigan
    Good news I found some chicks won’t get them for a week but my broody hen will be overjoyed. Today I threw her off the eggs and she ran around calling to her imaginary chicks and then tried to hustle a few of the adult banties underneath her, freaked them right out. A big fluffy fat hen trying to smoother you would scare anyone. But I will be posting pics of chicks soon for fun and ID Purposes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by