Broody hens hatching 6/22, 6/26, 7/3, 7/6, 7/11 Any one due w/ us

okiehen

Songster
12 Years
Oct 25, 2007
Oklahoma
I have broody hens setting eggs due to hatch.......
6/22 #5 18 eggs from Lynn graybear?? eggs are lakenvelder, blk australorp, ameracanas .(1hatched )
6/26 #6 9 eggs from okcarla wheaten marans. hen was a bad girl eggs in hatching bator now. (1 hatched)
7/3 #7 18 of my eggs welsummer x barred rock sex link eggs. down to 11 eggs( 0 hatch)
7/6 #8 12 eggs my eggs pure welsummer and some blue mix eggs. down to 8 eggs (3 hatched blue mix)
7/6 #9 12 of my eggs ws x br eggs. (0 hatch)
7/11 #10 & #11 12 eggs and 11eggs welsummer, andalusian , lakenvelder. down to 8 eggs each
#10 is down to 5 eggs #10 &#11 both had chicks they killed so( 0 hatch)

7/21 incubator full 42 total from my welsummer, andalusian, lakenvelder, and the project eggs ws x br 7/20 update hatching

The heat is on I fill for them girls I hope the one with no eggs will give it up.

This is a good year for broodys, my 4 hens are doing great with there chicks. I have 5 more hens wanting to brood.
I may set a few more just going to have to see how they handle the heat. So far I have if I've counted right 91 chicks.
ep.gif

Any one hatching on these dates jump right in tell us what you have.
Best of luck to us all. I'm a hatchaholic,
barnie.gif

I'll get some pictures and post them. I'll post updates on my hens at hatch date.
Today is my birthday so I'll break it to my husband we need to build more broody pens and a grow out pen.
wee.gif

Last edited:
wee.gif
a hatching buddy.
clap.gif

#5 hen she is at day 18 today, I closed up her pet taxi. I found 2 egg shells that had been crushed early on. so I now know she has 2 less eggs, one was a lakenvelder and the other was a ameracanas.
hit.gif

My buff duck Wilma is sitting on a SINGLE duck egg... it's hers and will be a buff/f/w runner mix. It's due around the Fourth of July
tongue.png

Wilma in her makeshift nest... the little egg is hiding under her!
34412_my_pets_173.jpg

Aww Wilma on her single egg. Cant wait for pictures of her and her singleton ducky.

standardbanty you have to post pictures of your buff brahma bantams I love that color. Are they featherd legs?

Hope you had a Happy Birthday Okiehen!!!
smile.png

Due 7/6:

12 - Welsummers - Okiehen eggs!!!

6 - Blue Anadalusions - Okiehen eggs!!!

14 - Buff Orpingtons - Green Family Farms

13 - Welsummer x Barred Rocks - Our own eggs with rooster from Amazondoc

Last edited:
Quote:
Thank you I had a great day.
I'm glad you posted more hatching buddys and with some of my eggs LOL , and we can compare the ws x br .
clap.gif

Happy Birthday to you hope you have a wonderful day.

Quote:
I'll be sure to post pics! I just pray that all goes well
fl.gif
I actually recounted the days and the 28th day and due date is on July fourth... how exciting! I'm thinking names like Patty (Patriotic) Sam/ Sammy (Uncle Sam) etc.
lol.png

Stay tuned for pics!!
pop.gif

My first set eggs ever are due to hatch tomorrow but one already came early this afternoon. They are being hatched by a buff orphington but they are a possible cross between bb red and silver duck wing, bb red and millie fluer (SP), or just bb red. In other words the hen is bb red with 3 roosters on the farm. Just thought I would share since I am up late and excited since this afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom