1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Broody hens,Were all thinking about it aren't we???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chicken farmer, Mar 5, 2014.

1. chicken farmer

chicken farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2012
    Southern,Ohio
    Spring is right around the corner which means a lot of us are thinking about letting are hens hatch some baby chicks. Are you gonna let any of your hens go broody?

2. AmericanMom

AmericanMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2013
    Oregon
    I will let each and every hen that wants to go broody hatch some eggs, I haven't had very good luck with the incubator the last two times so I am going back to letting mamma do it.. But first they have to go broody, I have only had one hen to ever do that for me.. added a few more laying hens this last fall so hopefully one of them will join her this year

3. fortyfivefarm

fortyfivefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm already battling with a broody Serama mama and a Coronation Sussex hen. Both are determined to raise some chicks NOW! Would be fine if I had somewhere set up for them. I will probably let them both do their thing in a month or so, just not yet.

4. AliceGee

AliceGee Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2014
    Australia
    My favourite silkie hen has gone broody on 6 eggs and she's only got 5 days left!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by