1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Broody house

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by crooked stripe, May 27, 2008.

1. crooked stripe

crooked stripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2008
    N.E Ohio- Suffield
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [URL]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg212/crookedstripe/broodyhouse003.jpg[/URL][/IM

I have a cage 2'x8'x3' in the chicken run. I have no idea what to use it for. Would that be a good place to build a fully enclosed nest box and a run for a broody hen. It has a door at the end from the cage to the coop that I would keep closed till the chicks are old enough to interduce them to the rest. It has a welded wire floor so I asume I would have to install a plywood floor. What do you folks think of this idea?

2. dacjohns

dacjohns People Cracker Upper

I think it would be awesome. Do you have a net for reaching way back in the back corner?

3. crooked stripe

crooked stripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2008
    N.E Ohio- Suffield
    I was thinking of building the nest box in the left corner and installing a door just to the right of the nest box to access the nest box. This would give me full access to the cage. John

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by