broody is due today.... *tweedles thumbs*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CranberryCreekFarm, May 25, 2011.

1. CranberryCreekFarm

CranberryCreekFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    Maine
    Am I supposed to do anything?? [​IMG]

She is in a cage by herself to prevent the hens/roosters/pullets/chicks from bugging. has a chick waterer and I put chick starter crumbles in there.

Do I just wait? This is worse than the incubator!! [​IMG]

2. rungirl

rungirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    That's what I'm doing. Mine's due Sunday. [​IMG]

3. CranberryCreekFarm

Apr 6, 2011
    Maine
    She has 18 eggs [​IMG] im hoping i will get some since I have more chicken bantam and indian runner duck eggs in the bator due june 1st.....ahhhh

I just feel like I should help her or do something! But I guess that its been happening naturally for many years. I just wish I could look at the eggs to see if there are any pips or anything? ahhh! [​IMG]

4. emys

emys Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Idaho
    You need to leave the house all day - go shopping or visiting. A watched nest never hatches.

Or make this the day you wash all the windows in your house...

5. CranberryCreekFarm

Apr 6, 2011
    Maine
    I've been keeping busy with the two toddlers [​IMG] Just my own nesting syndrome driving me bonkers!! ( 33 weeks pregnant). Already carried all my seedlings and plants outside, push mowed the lawn, reorganized the rabbit barn, fed all my animals, cleaned most of my house, painted some in my kitchen, tedned to the eggs in the bator....ahhh! [​IMG] i feel crazy! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by