1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Broody is up and aroud again! Not broody anymore?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Carli, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Carli

Carli Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2010
    Our broody hen seemed annoyed at being moved to the brooder...wouldn't sleep in the nest. We put her in it and blocked the opening for several hours and then to the block off. She stayed in the nest so we thought, "YAY!" After another few hours, we put some eggs out for her and came back a little while later and found she'd pulled them all beneath her. AWESOME! Continued to leave the opening unblocked. Came out this morning and she's up walking around, pecking at the chicken wire acting completely un-broody again. What to do?

2. Carli

Carli Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2010
    OOps, just read a reply to my other thread from before we blocked the opening... So I guess she's no longer broody....[​IMG]

3. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    [​IMG] sorry to say looks like your broody is not so broody anymore did you move her during the day if so that may be why she stopeg being broody

4. Lollipop

Lollipop Chillin' With My Peeps

Always a crap shoot, moving a broody. Moving at night, with as little stress as possible, is always reccommended.......Pop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by