Broody Khaki Campbell Sitting on Eggs 24/7

houseandhomestead

In the Brooder
Oct 29, 2018
Mama Duck is so committed to her eggs, she doesn’t want to get up AT ALL. I have been having to put food and water near her and even then that’s too far. She will not budge. Any experience? I feel like I need to encourage her to move a little each day but she won’t. TIPS PLEASE.

Attachments

• D8F44C43-4D02-4A33-B64C-41D72896B1D2.jpeg
    D8F44C43-4D02-4A33-B64C-41D72896B1D2.jpeg
    600.4 KB · Views: 38
I’ve had a few that wouldn’t come out unless I made them then they’d snap out of it long enough to do a big broody poop :sick eat and bathe and walk around like she wanted to kick butt then she’d go back on her nest.​

Thank you!!! Yeah, I had to hand feed her and scoop water to her. She’s total brood mode.

I’ve had a few that wouldn’t come out unless I made them then they’d snap out of it long enough to do a big broody poop :sick eat and bathe and walk around like she wanted to kick butt then she’d go back on her nest.​
I've had a few like that too, and that's what I do.

Nope. Mama Duck is not mama duck. She was sitting on infertile eggs and they all turned rotten. SO, we removed everything including the nest, the eggs (yes we checked them) and now Mama Duck is not broody anymore either. We will probably try not collecting in spring time instead.

She’s moving when your not looking.
She’s not that light headed to starve herself.
What you have to do is get nice and comfortable in there with her and watch her all day and all night to make sure she eats

Back
Top Bottom