Broody, Molting??

I checked my girls bellies tonight and they are showing the same signs as Blondie. Lost feathers and slick bare spots, kinda discolored a little. could it be that their laying baskets haven't been cleaned out regularly and bacteria started to get out of control? Just wondering what you all think. tomorrow I'm disinfecting....

I disinfected the coop yesterday. Now I am wondering if I should treat the two hens I found that are loosing feathers on their belly area. I was wondering if anyone has used tea tree oil and how do you apply it. Im just shooting in the dark here. But I feel in my gut that it is bacterial related.

will do. and is there a natural product I should bath them in besides warm water. forgive me Im new to this. thanks

Honestly it is just what i would do in ur position i don't know if its right go on YouTube u will find videos the on washing hens

I have a few older layers that are loosing some feathers. My younger layers are looking nice and fluffy. I wonder if it is an age thing?

So I talked to the feed mill guy and he said to get rid of the straw because it carries mites. And I could put pine shavings in there instead. And to give my girls a bath in Dawn. Also to re-disinfect my coop with 10%bleach and water. Also I bought some electrolytes to put in their water. I was wondering about getting them some probiotics too. They are doing pretty good tonight. I did see some pin feathers coming in on one of my girls with the least amount of bald spots. I also dusted them with poultry insecticide. I didn't like doing that. So I am hoping this will help them. time will tell. Thanks for all the help

Back
Top Bottom