Broody not pooping for 2 days

jurrasiccluck

Chirping
Jan 18, 2017
So my broody is hatching eggs and I was going to take her to poop yesterday but I saw a pip so I left her be. Now she has 2 chicks but I want to know if its dangerous that she hasn't pooped.

I don't believe so. If she absolutely can't hold it she will poop wherever she's at with her chicks. I currently have a broody that's been on it for about a week maybe 9 days. She's went to poop once during this time. I take her off everyday to give her food and water since it's been hot here. The first time she pooped she had been on her eggs for about 4 or 5 days. She immediately took off running to relieve herself. She has not done so since. The last 2 broody I've had would poop in their nest if it was a time they weren't coming off. I'd always clean it up since it was on pine shavings and easily to clean. My hens have gotten off the nest to eat and drink even if they had a pip. As long as she's not acting sickly I would say it's okay.

It's really best to just let your broodies be. Put them someplace where they can eat, drink and poop on their own. They do so much better at taking care of themselves than we do.

OP, just trust her to know what she's doing. Chickens have been hatching eggs for centuries before humans decided they needed to "help".

Well she pooped in the nest. It was runny and luckily she pooped in the direction away from the eggs so I was able to clean it up.

Back
Top Bottom