Broody off nest for 24hrs on day 19…any hope?

nellyblue

Chirping
Nov 7, 2020
I dusted one of my broodies and her eggs and the nest on day 18 (I’ve done this just before hatching previously with no issue) and didn’t think to check all was ok. Came back this morning approx 24hrs later and she’s sitting in the nest but at the other end of the box and eggs have been left to go cold, still covered in dust. I’ve put them back under her and she’s taken them, but is there any hope some will still hatch? I’m in Australia so the temperature is warm, but still the eggs were cold. Wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and can give me hope!

I dusted one of my broodies and her eggs and the nest on day 18 (I’ve done this just before hatching previously with no issue) and didn’t think to check all was ok. Came back this morning approx 24hrs later and she’s sitting in the nest but at the other end of the box and eggs have been left to go cold, still covered in dust. I’ve put them back under her and she’s taken them, but is there any hope some will still hatch? I’m in Australia so the temperature is warm, but still the eggs were cold. Wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and can give me hope!
Yes! I hatched a little one that was left behind for more than 24 hours. He hatched without any problems.

Back
Top Bottom