Broody olive egger

Naomi142

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 30, 2015
Middletown, Delaware
Hi hoping for some help. My olive egger went broody for a 2nd time and I can’t seem to snap her out of it. I have tried the cool dipping and the locking her out of the coop. She has now been in chicken jail for almost a week and still displays the same broody behaviors. I worry about her losing weight as well she will only eat a couple of treats here and there.
I have no eggs for her to hatch since I have no males so that’s out of the question. I appreciate any advice!

Hi hoping for some help. My olive egger went broody for a 2nd time and I can’t seem to snap her out of it. I have tried the cool dipping and the locking her out of the coop. She has now been in chicken jail for almost a week and still displays the same broody behaviors. I worry about her losing weight as well she will only eat a couple of treats here and there.
I have no eggs for her to hatch since I have no males so that’s out of the question. I appreciate any advice!
How is the crate set up?
It needs to be all wire for maximum air flow, elevated off the ground without a bit of bedding in it, just a piece of wood for her to perch on and placed in the shadiest location possible.
I also dunk a stubborn broody in cool water and put her back in the crate sopping wet with a large floor fan aimed at her for the day. She'll get several dunks a day during hot spells.
She'll usually break in 3 days, sometimes up to 5 but I'll try her out 1 hour before roost time starting after the third day in the clink.

How is the crate set up?
It needs to be all wire for maximum air flow, elevated off the ground without a bit of bedding in it, just a piece of wood for her to perch on and placed in the shadiest location possible.
I also dunk a stubborn broody in cool water and put her back in the crate sopping wet with a large floor fan aimed at her for the day. She'll get several dunks a day during hot spells.
She'll usually break in 3 days, sometimes up to 5 but I'll try her out 1 hour before roost time starting after the third day in the clink.
Hi she is in my old rabbit cage nothing in cage but roost she is inside my house bec
How is the crate set up?
Hi I actually have her in my old rabbit cage she’s actually in the house because it’s so hot outside I have dipped her once so far I keep it really cool in my house so it’s only 70° I did try to take her outside and it was the same behavior she would just plop down wherever she happen to be I’m starting to worry because now she’s losing her feathers and I’ve never had a chicken go broody for this long and stay broody. Should I try to dip her daily?

Back
Top Bottom