1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Broody Olivia & Babies plus Others Today (PICS) DUW!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speckledhen, May 31, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Olivia took her three babies out dustbathing today. Two SilverLaced Wyandotte pullets (supposed to be GLWs but we know how that goes at the feedstore) and Barred Rock brother, Hawkeye's last baby here at my place. The two SLW babies are named Victoria, for my Alaska friend Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain, and Virginia, for all my BYC friends from Virginia and W. Va. The BR cockerel is Mace, Zane's youngest baby brother I have. The others are some of the four and five week old chicks in the nursery coop. The first three pics are little Miss Independent, Victoria, and the last two are Nugget, my only pullet Buff Orp from this hatch, named after CarriBrown's BLRW hen she lost recently; and another of Zane's baby brothers, Dutch.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  2. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    I can't see any pictures! [​IMG] It is probably the computer I am at though, I am at my dad's house.

3. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    So sweet... I have two SLWs that are about 2-3 weeks old too... one is named Cynthia... [​IMG]

4. Ailsa

Ailsa Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2008
    England, UK
    They are great!
    I love the markings they have

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Great names! LOL My broody is due in the next day or two. [​IMG] You know if I get a blue pullet from your eggs she will be Cyn and a splash will be speckledhen [​IMG]!

6. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Now I can see them! They are so precious! And I love the names too. [​IMG]

7. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Dutch has the same mark on his beak that my Hermie does. The SLWs sure are cute. I just got five of the GLWs. I'm looking forward to watching them feather out. I've not had that breed before. You sure have a nice looking batch of babies there. I love the brown one just before the buff orp, what breed is it?

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Christine, that is a Welsummer in the pic just before the Buff Orp baby. I have 12 total of those, six of each sex.
    Tori, that's too funny, a chicken named Cynthia, LOL. We named chicks after each other. I still have several to name, too, and I have some ideas left, IF I can tell them apart. Not sure if I'll be able to tell the Welsummers apart! Someone I know just called hers "The Marges", giving them all one name.

9. annrich

annrich Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    Western NY
    Quote:I have done that with names too. Some of the RIR's are just "the girls"

10. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    That first pic is a gem!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by