1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Broody Poo?!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Chicken Girl, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Chicken Girl

Chicken Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Ok so my first time broody and i let her out to go poo every day. And it stinks so bad! And it is green and white. Is that OKAY? She seems to be fine so i dont know if it ok or not. I know its going to smell but GREEN?! She will only let me let her out 1 time a day. So she will not go poo in the other 2 nest boxes! Is that normel? And i put 9 eggs under her. 2 of hers and 7 leghorn. She ATE one of hers and not the other?! So y is that? Oh yeah and i candelled day 8 and out of 8 eggs left 7 had babys!!! YES!! Sorry for all the Q! lol Thanks a bunch!

Chicken Girl

2. TexasVet

TexasVet Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    Willis TX
    Green, smelly poo is normal.

Reeks, doesn't it? I keep my broody in a rabbit hutch in my attached garage, and I have to scoop out the poo every time she goes or the smell seeps into my house!

Kathy in Texas

3. Chicken Girl

Chicken Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I know it stinks so bad! She has been going poo in the coop and i put clean beding on it to make it stop smelling! LOL But to day she went out side and pood! YEAH! LOL

Chicken Girl

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by