Broody Poo

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by coloradochick, Aug 11, 2008.

1. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Does anyone have a pic of a broody poo? Or describe it for me? [​IMG]

2. keljonma

keljonma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    8A East Texas
    It will be huge. Sometimes it will be sloppy but sometimes look just like a HUGE regular dropping. Something the size a small dog may drop.....

It will be REALLY REALLY REALLY SMELLY! It will smell like something died, halfway outta the hen's rearend. [​IMG]

Edited to add: I have 3 broody hens right now - and I pick up the poo right away and carry it to the compost heap it smells to high heaven!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  3. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Broody Poop= A Clydesdale with diarrhea that ate skunk cabbage...basically...

4. keljonma

keljonma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    8A East Texas
    Quote:[​IMG]

OH YES - That's it EXACTLY!

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    THe last poop my hen dropped - she dropped IN the nest box, with her babies! [​IMG] I had to scoop it out - it looked like TAR and smelled like a dead skunk! [​IMG] it was WAY bigger than my fist... HUGE! If you're worried you'll miss it - relax - its like being slapped with a wet fish!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  6. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Oh Boy can't wait!! [​IMG] You all are funny [​IMG]

I've just had some poos that I thought were eggs while walking up to the run and then upon further inspection they were just big white topped poos.

Hmmm somethin to look forward to............................not

7. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
  8. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:That is so nasty. But broody poop isnt supposed to be like that.

It is very large and brown, with a big white colored end.

9. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

I do not have a dog......but I swore that a dog got in my coop and pooped! It looked just like dog turds. SOLID! Not liquid. And please stand back when she does decide to let loose!!!!! It is not something you would like to get hit with! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

hahahahahahaaaa,,,,omgosh,,hahaha,,,,,what in the WORLD is "broody poo",,well,,,,,i know WHAT it is,,,,,,,what does it mean?,,,,,man my big red hen sometimes lays a "poo-egg" i call it,,,hahah,,,but didnt know "IT" had a name other then crap,,,hahahahaha,,,,i got tears running out of my eyes,,,hahahhaa [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by