Broody Practical Joke??

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by jeepchick, Sep 14, 2011.

1. jeepchick

jeepchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Loudon, New Hampshire
    I have a broody Japanese Bantam that has been sitting for a couple weeks and I had some eggs that were starting to pip yesterday in the bator. So I pulled the old swicheroo on her and traded her eggs for the pipping ones and put hers in the bator. I checked on her this morning and saw a cute little yellow chick pop out from udner her wing, only it wasnt so Little to her. One of the eggs I gave her was a NH Red egg. hahaha She was looking at it like "what the crap is THAT?!" Can't wait to see what she thinks of the other babies when they emerge..... I think they are silkies and polish [​IMG]

2. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Now that's funny! [​IMG]

3. sbtgal

sbtgal Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2011
    Austin
    [​IMG] That is too funny!

4. LovinChicknFarmn

LovinChicknFarmn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2011
    North Carolina
    Fun! We had the opposite. My Brahma sat on Japanese bantams. They were little tiny little puff balls to her.

5. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. jeepchick

jeepchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Loudon, New Hampshire
    OK here she is with one of the banty chicks......

[​IMG]

And here is the freakishly large baby....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by