Broody Pullet, setting eggs today!!!

KNAndrs

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 29, 2011
Superior, WI
So my little lady Reese's Peanut Butter Cup went broody. One of my friends sent me 6 fertilized eggs and I set 5 under her. Notice the difference, I accidentally dropped one in my nervous attempt to set them under her and get the 2 wooden eggs out. So I have now eaten a quick dinner... and am wondering if anyone is setting eggs today and if you would like to follow along. Here is a pick of the little Bantam Cochin that is doing all the hard work.

105117_dscf4402.jpg

Thanks,
KEN

No one is as excited as I am...

Looking forward to what will hatch!!!

A beautiful barnyard mix, 1 brown, 2 blue and 2 white eggs. I should take bets on what hatches and what they will look like. Very cool.

I would love to have some ducks running around the yard, but it is not really a great idea with all the predators trying to camp out in my coop.

Thanks for sharing the excitement!

KEN

My broody hatched her yesterday and today, so I won't be "setting".. But I would LOVE to follow along.. Have a sweet spot for broodys!!
smile.png

Your girl is beautiful!! What breed are you giving her to hatch???

The layers were a RIR, Australorp, and Ameracauna. The Daddys, no clue, so I am excited to see what is going to come out.

I put them under at 5:30pm CST today.

Lets see what will come!

I am hoping to candle in a week or so, but it is getting cold up here. First snow is predicted this week, can I candle in the coop after dark with a coop air temp of 40 degrees?

Day 4: Went out this morning to check on the ladies and let them out of the coop. RBPCup hopped down started eating with a voracious attitude and went outside too. We will see if she gets back on. It has been 20mins. What to do...

Back
Top Bottom