Broody Quail D’anver

Daniellelyn

Chirping
Apr 21, 2020
Helen, Georgia
I believe I have a broody Quail D’anver. She has been in the nesting box for 3 days. She only gets out once a day when I go in and give treats. Also, if one of the hens kick her out of the box to lay their egg then she moves to the next box.

How do I know if she’s broody or not feeling well? I am fairly new to chickens, haven’t even had them a year.

She does not have fertile eggs nor do any of my other chickens. We have 3 roosters that are just over 5 months. They are not mating my hens yet.

When will the roosters start showing interest in the hens?

Should I order some fertile eggs online for her to try and hatch?

Attachments

• 04530B3F-4C42-4DAC-9E63-8A5B8955D91C.jpeg
    04530B3F-4C42-4DAC-9E63-8A5B8955D91C.jpeg
    567.7 KB · Views: 7

Daniellelyn

Chirping
Apr 21, 2020
Helen, Georgia
Odds are if they're 5 months, they're breeding the girls. You just may not be catching them

I don’t know, I’ve been watching them on the camera’s trying to catch them and haven’t seen it. The two silkie roosters just hangout together and the 1 Brahma Rooster just follows the Brahma hen. He just started crowing yesterday. The two silkies haven’t crowed yet.

Daniellelyn

Chirping
Apr 21, 2020
Helen, Georgia
Odds are if they're 5 months, they're breeding the girls. You just may not be catching them

So I cracked some eggs today and you are 100% right! A bunch of them were fertile. So now I am going to collect the eggs laid today and sneak them under them to see what happens.

I can't believe I have not seen any of them mate. I have been obsessively watching the camera out there and nothing. My mind is blown!!

Top Bottom