broody sexlink! YAY! its day 21!!! pics of the 4 chicks!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by shadowpaints, Jun 28, 2010.

1. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Songster

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    Puff, a one year old Golden sexlink, has been sitting on a clutch of 14 eggs for 17 days! im so excited! they are all developing nicely and should be hatching any day!!
    the eggs that are under her could be a mix of

GSL/EE OR GSL/ Silkie
    EE/EE or Silkie/EE
    Silkie/EE or Silkie/Silkie

i cant believe its time for her to start hatching!! GAH im so excited!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Oh wow! I think it's pretty rare for a sex link to go broody....Congrats! Hope the hatch turns out great, and share pics if you can!

Sharon

3. Animallover606

Animallover606 Songster

Apr 12, 2008
    I'm up with chicmom on that they are bred just to lay eggs is what I have been told good luck hope they all hatch and live! Good vibes [​IMG]

4. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Songster

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    i will definatly post pics!!! im super excited, i was told that sexlinks never go broody and when they do the give up half way through! lol not puff she is determined!! and a bit cranky! lol i cant wait!!

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Having just sweated and bit my fingernails through my first broody's hatch, I know what you're going through! Day 17 is two-thirds of the way through... and so many eggs, too! (Mine only hatched one, so far... there might be another viable egg of the 3 she was incubating.)

I'm subscribing so I can see the chick pics, too. Way to go!

6. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Songster

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    i keep going back to her nest and listning LOL too early yet, but lol im so excited! lol

7. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Songster

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    day 20 and i have a PIP!!! YAY!!!! pics SOON!

8. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Songster

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    i got up this morning and hurried out to the coop! found a beautiful little golden Chick ( from a sexlink egg the one that pipped yesterday!!!) cheeks are puffy so im betting EE is the dad!! ill get pics as soon as i get the batteries to my camera charged!!! WOOTT!!!didnt see any more pips, but its hard to look when puff is trying to peck ur eyes out!

9. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

10. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Songster

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    another pip!! YAY im dancing!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: