Broody "Suites"(PICS)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by BellLisamo, Apr 23, 2009.

1. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Here are the wonderful broody "suites", inside they have plush hay, all access to water & food and wonderful air space. When they arrived they were greeted with 12 eggs each. They get to enjoy the fun activities of unlimited turning of their eggs, watching the other chickens from their patio window. They seem happy to me!

[​IMG]

Here you see one of the happy customers...
    [​IMG]

2. xadika

xadika Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  3. Bluemoon420

Bluemoon420 The Rooster Queen

She looks happy, but at the same time she is saying..." You with the camera...Back away slowly." If I saw her in a dark corner I'd [​IMG]

Bluemoon

4. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    I like it. Thanks for the idea!

5. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:no problem!!! I want to build a special pen for my broodys, and paint it and write "broody suites" across the top. [​IMG]

my dream.... haha

6. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    So they don't need a lot of space? Hopefully some of mine will go broody once they come of age and I know I would be a nervous wreck if I left them out in the coop with their eggs. What happens when you have to clean the 'suite' out? Do you let her out for exercise or would she rather just stay in there anyway?

Sorry for all the questions!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  7. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:When the hens go broody, they hardly EVER get up to walk around. They usually just sit and sit. Sometimes they turn around but thats bout it. So i place food and water right in front of their beak. They dont get up to go to the bathroom either. (At least not mine). They were brooding in the nest boxes and those are TINY, so i moved them to a kennel. I have 4 different size suites. They are first come first serve.

As for cleaning, once the babies are hatched, i remove the momma and babies and put them in their own coop, all by themselves. Then i dump out the hay and spray out the kennel!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Thanks for answering my questions!!! [​IMG]

9. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:no problem!!

10. EricShane

EricShane Chillin' With My Peeps