Broody?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gudrin, Jan 11, 2010.

1. gudrin

gudrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2008
    Minnesota
    My husband says I'm nesting. I say I'm just getting a lot of junk done that should have been done a long time ago. Then, as I was scrubbing the kitchen floor, I realized he may be right. I'm now likening myself to a broody hen. Very absorbed with keeping the nest just right, cranky, and liable to attack anyone that comes near. Does that sound about right? He's now joking that he'll be bringing in some straw and twigs to help me out. Incubation is at 25 weeks now, just 15 more to go! And a thousand and one little projects that I need to get done. Or have the perceived need to be done.

Anyone else do broody stuff like this every now and again? Pregnancy related or not?

2. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I was really bad about it during my pregnancies - whenever I could stop vomiting - I was repainting, cleaning, rearranging furniture, etc.

With the last pregnancy I did extreme nesting, I: removed wallpaper from 3 rooms, painted 7 rooms, reorganized the storage room, sewed cloth diapers, sewed curtains for 5 kitchen windows and a bedroom, sewed nursery items, washed living room curtains, pressure washed all the blinds, caulked the tub, painted shelves, installed shelves, re-hung all the pictures...in short, redecorated the entire house. Then we moved rather unexpectedly 6 months after the baby was born. Figures. [​IMG]

I'm in the midst of a de-cluttering frenzy right now, so I feel like I'm nesting, but I'm not pregnant.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by