1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Broodys are hard to resist

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by GockeyEgg, Apr 9, 2008.

1. GockeyEgg

GockeyEgg Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2008
    PA
    I wasn't going to do it. I wasn't. We have 26, I think, 6-7 week old chicks right now with 12 more day olds due to arrive next Friday. So why, why are those 2 broodys out in the house so hard to resist? Why? I let the one hen have 3 eggs today. I told myself...it is only 3 more chicks, what is the big deal?

2. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    First I gave in to the chantecler who has tried to hatch golf balls for weeks.... I finally left her some eggs. Then 1 of the giant cochins decided she needed to sit too. The cochin was smarter, she got into a place I couldn't reach her to make a nest. Now one of my other cochin gals has joined her... I have no clue how many eggs they have between them.

Its a rebellion I tell ya. Give an inch and they steal a mile....lol

Julie [​IMG]

3. orlandoluv1

orlandoluv1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    spring valley , CA
    haha thats so funny. maybe its becasue we feel for them. i know if i was in your shoes i would have to give them somthing because id feel bad. the way i would see it is "they just wanna be mommies" lol. i know how bad i wanted to be a mommy before i had my son lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by