1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Broome Co Ny

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Chicken girl 15, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Chicken girl 15

Chicken girl 15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2015
    harpursville ny
    Hey all. Just looking for fellow flock owners in my area. I'm 15 minutes from binghamton. I'm fairly new to the chicken world. I have 18 pullets and 2 cockerels. The girls just started laying about a month ago. I would LOVE to have someone close by to share my excitement with.

2. CatMom

CatMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2013
    Binghamton
    Hi, I am in Binghamton, (moved back after about 20 years away. I got chicken obsessed whike living in Tennessee. I've never had more than 7 birds due to living in town, had to rehome my TN birds with a friend down there, but I'm hoping to fet a place where I caƱ have a real flock with roosters as soon as I find the farmet of my dreams. I currently have my maximum 4 hens: 2 Australorps, a Barred Plymouth Rock, & a Rhode Island Red. They were what was available, but I really miss my girls from TN: a Dominique, a Welsumer, 3 EExAmeraucanas, and a 'Rock whose unusual large size& birchen coloring says she is some kind of mix. That flock had a lot more personality than these poor hatchery (bird mill) chicks. I really want to get into breeding some heritage birds...with smaller combs -the 4 I have right now all sport pretty large ones so I'm concerned they might get frostbite this winter. Hey, sorry about the rambling post; I'm so glad somebody close by is into chickens! ~ Trish

3. Chicken girl 15

May 28, 2015
    harpursville ny
    Hey Trish, no worries about the "ramblings " I enjoy company, even if only online. I live on 9 acres and have 5 black astrolorp, 5 white leghorn and 8 RIR. The RIR are a bit snotty about me taking eggs from them. My whites are tiny at 4 months as to my blacks are huge. The chickens sorta started as a joke for the kids (5 of them) for Easter. Then it took off from there. Now we are attempting to build up to a full (small scale) farm.

4. Chicken girl 15

May 28, 2015
    harpursville ny
    Hey Trish. How is the flock with this cold weather? Mine seem to like it, silly girls.
    Chauntel.

5. Midlife Chick

Midlife Chick New Egg

Jul 16, 2015
    Binghamton, NY
    Hi there, I live just along the PANY border, Town of Binghamton. :)

6. Chicken girl 15

May 28, 2015
    harpursville ny
    Now that's funny. 2 of the threads you joined I started. Maybe we were supposed to find each others flocks. Lol :)

7. Chicken girl 15

May 28, 2015
    harpursville ny
    have you considered coming out in May to the chickenstock in harpursville? You are close and a lot of chicks, hatching eggs, and possible new friends will be here.

8. Midlife Chick

Midlife Chick New Egg

Jul 16, 2015
    Binghamton, NY
    I have. What can I do to help?

9. Chicken girl 15

May 28, 2015
    harpursville ny
    Visit the thread " new York mini chickenstock 2016" . There isn't really a lot to help with. Its mostly a bunch of us chicken enthusiasts getting together and having a good chicken day. On page one of the thread there are 3 links, the explain the details. Its potluck as its a family ordeal , and everyone has to eat. Drop in read up and mark the calendar.

10. CatMom

CatMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2013
    Binghamton
    Greetings all, I've had life happening so I'm way behind on my BYC reading. Hopefully you're all having a good new year.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by