Broomfield, CO

Nebride

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 13, 2012
Any other Broomfield people out there who would like to have the right to own and love backyard chickens?

YES! I would love to have a couple of laying hens in my yard. There is another thread, but it doesn't look overly active. I'd love to get a group together to discuss and plan the best way to get the ordinances relaxed! I work in downtown Denver, so Saturday morning or afternoon would work best for me. I'd like to hear from the other folks who have spoken to council members, how the conversations went, etc.

Mama wants squawkers!

The City Council has directed Staff to study changing the laws in Broomfield. My Ward 4 Council members and the Mayor Pro-Tem seem to be very much on board with making this happen. We need to get organized and make sure the Council members hear from everyone who is interested in keeping chickens and that we have great representation when it comes time for them to vote. Please send me a Private Message with your email address so you will get added to the group for notifications of happenings.

Jim

The City Council is scheduled to hold a Study Session about backyard chicken keeping on October 30th at 5:30 pm. Although, formal comments will not be taken at this meeting, citizens are allowed to attend the session. We need to get organized and make sure the Council members hear from everyone who is interested in keeping chickens and that we have great representation at that meeting. Please send me a Private Message with your email address so you will get added to the group for more timely updates of the events related to this.

The Study is on the Council Agenda for next Tuesday, October 30th at 6 pm. I hope everyone can make it so we have a good showing of support. The Council meets in the Council chambers at the City and County Building, One DesCombes Drive.

I just heard from my Council member, Sam Taylor, the date of the Public Hearing is December 11th at 6 pm and it will be held in Council Chambers at One Descombes Drive. Now is the time to make sure all of your contacts know about the meeting. Sam says the Council is split on the issue which means Mayor Quinn would cast the deciding vote. We need to get as many people as possible to contact their Council members and the Mayor before the meeting and then to show up at the meeting on December 11th.

You can get contact info for your Council members and the Mayor at this link - http://www.broomfield.org/council/ Near the bottom is a map you can use to figure out which Ward you are in, if need be.

The Council meeting scheduled for December 11th to discuss backyard chickens has been moved to January 8th, 2013.

BROOMFIELD!!! CALLING BROOMFIELD CHICKEN LOVERS AND BACK YARD FARMERS...2013

Broomfield residents - We need your help!!

The Broomfield City Council will be discussing a proposed new chicken ordinance at their meeting on Tuesday, February 26th and the opposition will be out in force.

If you live in Broomfield and want chickens (or even if you don't and you just want to lend support) please attend the meeting. If you cannot attend, please send an email of support to the Council at [email protected] .

Back
Top Bottom