Brother just had jaw surgery...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by DuckLover179, Sep 24, 2011.

1. DuckLover179

DuckLover179 Waddles & Puddles

Nov 28, 2010
    California
    His teeth don't bite down on the back (Only his front teeth touch), and the dentist said his teeth would eventually break if they didn't break, and realign his jaw. So on Wednesday he had his surgery done.

His face is very swollen, he has to breathe through tubes in his mouth. He can't eat, as his teeth are wired shut.
    I feel SO bad! He's in so much pain, and there's nothing we can do but give him his medicine what seems like every hour. I'm the one who has to care for him currently- His fiancé is at work, my mom is at her hair appointment, my dad can't move (His back hurts), and sister is at her skit practice, and my grandma is crippled.

Next time to give him medicine is in an hour and a half... I'm nervous. Never fed him through the tubes before. And he can't talk (He has to use a notepad, or try to mumble...)

[​IMG] He keeps "telling" me to stay calm, but then he wakes up whimpering (He's sleeping on the couch)...

2. DuckLover2399

DuckLover2399 Avian American

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG]

3. Zinnia-Hen

Zinnia-Hen Live & Let Live

Jan 29, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm so sorry. I hope he gets better fast.

4. equinehugger3

equinehugger3 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2010
    [​IMG] I'm so sorry, Duck. [​IMG] [​IMG] Sending many prayers your way! [​IMG] You can always PM me if you need to talk. [​IMG]

5. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Oh my gosh. The poor guy!! Stay strong, you can do it. You gotta do it!! [​IMG] to you both!

6. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    [​IMG]

7. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    [​IMG] Don't worry, he'll get better [​IMG]

8. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Can't imagine how awful that must be.... Sending prayers to both you you.

9. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    What a good sister. Prayers! [​IMG]

10. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Quote:x2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by