Brought Home 2nd Batch of Chickies Today!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MommaK6, Apr 13, 2012.

1. MommaK6

MommaK6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    We bought 8 chicks from a feed mill that was highly recommended by many locals and were sooo happy. Our birds were all super healthy, very friendly, and are doing awesome at about a month old!

Well, I had ordered a second batch the same time I ordered the first (first batch was "bigger" birds this batch was bantams) and I was sooo disappointed. I didn't get the Golden Polish, Red Frizzle or my Partridge Cochin that I had ordered. :-( It's too late to order them a third time, too. On the bright side, I had originally asked for 7 birds, changed it to 8 when I picked up the first one and then today I came home with 10. Now....to find my McMurray catalog to figure out what the random babies even are. All I recall is there is a Japanese something or other and a seabright.....which were 2 that I loved the look of and thought about getting if he had any.

2. Madam Hens

Madam Hens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 5, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Sounds like you are having a very enjoyable time. Watching them grow and learning their individual behaviors is the most fun to me. Have a Great time! The seybrights are a favorite of mine. They are sneaky though and if they can free range they love to hide their nests so egg hunting is always a challenge.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by