Brought some chicks home today! Took a gamble Lots of pics inside

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MineAlways, Mar 1, 2012.

1. MineAlways

MineAlways Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2012
    SW PA
    Hi Guys I am new here I just wanted to introduce my new chicks.
    I went to TSC today. They had Red Pullets, Tetra Tint Pullets and light Brahma's straight run. I only want girls for some eggs. My husband does not want rooster nor do my neighbors but...... the brahmas were 50% off. I just couldnt resist a bargain lol So I brought home.
    2 red pullets one light and one dark
    2 Tetra Tints. Had never heard of them before and figured I would take a chance.
    and then 2 Light Brahma's hoping and praying its they are girls...... first one to crow will be sunday dinner! They are my little garage sale chicks lol

So without further a do
    Little sweet pea she follows me everywhere and wants to be close. Red Pullet lighter of the 2 ohh and she is so noisy!!!!
    [​IMG]

Spazzy Jazzy! Name sort of says it all lol I think she is going to be the head hen she is a bossy little thing lol. Red Pullet darker of the 2[​IMG]

One of my Tetra Tints the other one look pretty much the same both have black spots
    Haven't named yet they are really laid back waiting more to tell their personality [​IMG]

One of my straight run Brahmas
    [​IMG]

Group shot is not easy with this bunch lol
    [​IMG]

Ohh and I wanted to add one more and this shows just how much little sweet pea is so glue'd to me it was hard to get a photo of her because she kept trying to come at me I love this photo because of that its like[​IMG] saying hey just take a pic of me not them lol

Hope you guys dont mind all of the pics. Look forward to getting to know everyone around here!

2. highpointfarm

highpointfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2012
    Orange County NY
    very cute :)

3. BuffMomma

BuffMomma Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2012
    Florida
    They are so cute i just got mine today also i got 5 BO and 6 EEs pullets

4. crchickens

crchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Blue Ridge, TX
    Adorable!! Your tetra tints look just exactly like my California white leghorn. Try looking it up, and see what you think. I am such a newbie, so don't take my word for it!! I bought what was sold to me as RIRs and they certainly are not RIRs. I think they are going to be red sexed link. We will see. Always an adventure.

5. Dsea

Dsea Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2012
    Central Mississippi
    Very cute! Thanks for sharing [​IMG]

6. felidaet

felidaet Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2008
    Vancouver, Wa.
    Cute. I was also going to say that the chick with black spots is probably a California White.

crhickens - Although a California white is at least 1/2 leghorn I don't think it is considered a leghorn. My understanding it is just a "California White".

I have not raised these before but am hoping to get 3 of them from a local feed store on Apr 6.

7. MineAlways

Feb 27, 2012
    SW PA
    Nope although they look alike these are Tetra Tints its a hybrid of a RIR rooster and a White leghorn hen. http://www.mthealthy.com/product/TT-p that is the hatchery that sells them. I guess these girls when grown can be anything from White to a cream with brown. There is a member here that has in my opinion the most beautiful Tetra I have seen (ill admit I haven't seen many since I just found out about them today lol[​IMG])

I cant wait to see what my lil girls grow up to be.

Thanks guys I am learning soooo much. In just the short time I have had them. When I was younger I was in FFA and my project was chickens but I started with full grown hens (Farmer would donate his 1 y/o culls) so I am getting the little baby stage now.
    Already had 2 with a little pasty butt and been adjusting the heat make sure it is all right and just fussing over them like a mother hen (haha I made a funny lol)

8. I think they are ALL roosters [​IMG]

sweet babies! i have some of meh own, they are 4 weeks, so cute, your are cuter tho!!

I love sweet pea!

9. mohillbilly

mohillbilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2012
    Poplar Bluff , MO
    nice chicks.... mine wont be here until June 4 as they sold out of everything I want until then, before I got my order placed....
    It will work out better for me anyway as I have to finish removing the old coop and pens and get the new ones built...Plus it will give time for the grass to grow where their run will be.

10. MineAlways

Feb 27, 2012
    SW PA

Now that was just mean!!!!!!! [​IMG] that is why I had them pulled 4 out of the pullet bins even as bad as tractor supply messes up the odds are still in my favor lol

Now the 2 straight runs well......... ummm yea that was purely my bargain hunter in me lol wont be the first time it comes back to bite me [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by