Brower 846 Incubator. (pics)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by wpalmisano, Sep 20, 2010.

1. wpalmisano

wpalmisano Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    Connecticut
    Well, I was on Ebay last week and saw a Brower 846 incubator for sale. Now I have been using a Sportsman 1502 with a styrofoam Hova Bator for a hatcher. Well. the price was $49.99 "Buy it Now" plus $15.82 shipping. I also noticed it had just been posted and bought it, thinking I would upgrade my hatcher. Well it arrived today. It is in the original box, sheet metal looks new, has all the accessories, extra wafer, thermometer, water dish, etc.... and manual. The manual is dated 04/76. This thing is much bigger than I thought too. Made in the USA too. I would lke to hear from folks who have had one, or still do. Pros and cons.

[​IMG]
    The dog says " Oh no, not more chicken stuff."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  2. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    a fellow I bought some quail eggs from uses one they work well . I am going by the all the chicks he had hatched and sells. he had chukar eggs quail eggs and chicken eggs all in it at the same time

3. sharpeilady2

sharpeilady2 New Egg

May 19, 2013
    weatherford, texas
    I HAVE USED THESE BROWER INCUBATORS ON AND OFF FOR OVER TWENTY YEARS. I LOVE THEM, NEVER LOST A CHICK.MOST YOUNG PEOPLE NEVER HEARD OF THEM,they were made in early 1900's. I HAVE THREE NOW AND MAY BUY A FOURTH ONE. AM ADDING FANS TO ALL OF THEM AND AN EGG TURNER, TOO.--WHAT I NOW NEED IS A COPY OF THE INSTRUCTION 4 PAGE MANUAL.--CAN ANYONE SEND A COPY TO MY [email protected]

4. Turkeytruff

Turkeytruff Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Hi - just bought a Brower 846 which has a very tattered stained copy of instructions. If you still need it, pm me, I can send you a scanned copy of page 4.
    cheers
    turkeytruff

5. Bunny k

Bunny k New Egg

Nov 10, 2013
    Hi!

I found a Brower 846 that has been packed away for 30 years. It still works but I can't find instruction booklet.

Can anyone share information? Or perhaps scan a copy for e-mail?

I am so excited to start a hatching. I hope someone will help me.

Thank you.

[email protected]

6. sharpeilady2

sharpeilady2 New Egg

May 19, 2013
    weatherford, texas
    I HAVE 5 OF THESE BROWER METAL INCUBATORS. I LOVE THEM. ONCE YOU GET YEARS.THE SETTING SCREW SET TO 102 TEMP. YOU WILL GET L0TS OF PRETTY BABY CHICKS OVER AND OVER.

7. Turkeytruff

Turkeytruff Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    hi I have 2 metal Brower's now - 845 and 846 I believe. So the magic ingredient is setting the temp at exactly 102 degrees F? Thank you I will definitely be trying that next spring. I have one crazy broody at the moment determined to hatch out eggs in the cold dark part of the year-due in 3 days. Brrrr![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by