1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Brower 846 instructions

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ri reds, Mar 19, 2013.

1. ri reds

ri reds New Egg

Mar 19, 2013
    I'm new to byc, I bought a brower 846 off of craigslist a few weeks ago and I'm preparing my first hatch. I've tried the brower website to ask for instructions but no luck. Can anyone help with operating instructions or manual? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 person likes this.
  2. dbcooper02

dbcooper02 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    SW Washington
    Sure thing, no problrm. PM me your email address and I'll get a copy on its way.
    db

1 person likes this.
  3. ri reds

ri reds New Egg

Mar 19, 2013
    Just sent you a PM. Two of them to b/c I didnt give you my email. Again, thanks for your help and I'll be sure to keep you updated on my first hatch in the brower. How much success have you had with yours? Any tips for a first-time user of the brower?

RI Reds

4. ri reds

ri reds New Egg

Mar 19, 2013
    Thanks db! I was glad to see the parts list you sent. The manual egg turner seems pretty straightforward. I plan to gather some parts from lowes or home depot and give building one on my own a shot. I'd prefer to keep the lid closed for turning but the manual says that a bit cooling off should be in order. Any thoughts on that? by the way, I added a small fan near the thermosat housing/shroud. I'll post a pic later this evening. I wired it to the power cord and it will always be on while it is plugged in. Just need to get the humidity level regulated before I put my first batch in. I plan to get it going this Saturday and make a manual egg turner as best as I can and refer to the parts manual. thanks again.

1 person likes this.
  5. teking166

teking166 New Egg

Mar 25, 2013
    Hi , I'm looking for info on a Brower 846 . It was my Dads unit and I don't have any instrustions can anyone help Thanks

1 person likes this.
  6. teking166

teking166 New Egg

Mar 25, 2013
    Hi , dbcooper02 Is there any chance I could get a copy of the instructions for a Brower 846 , it was my dads but he is long gone and the incubator no longer has a manual , also is there suppost to be insulation in this model Thanks

7. dbcooper02

dbcooper02 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    SW Washington
    Instructions, no problem. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll get a copy on its way.
    I don't know if I would call it insulation, but most have a disc of soft masonite at the top and the bottom. It probably has more to do with keeping the exterior from getting too warm to the touch, rather than maintaining the temp inside.
    db

8. BIGGUN

BIGGUN New Egg

Jul 4, 2013
    Can you put me on the list to receive instructions?
    I believe that mine is older than most that I've seen here as it has a wire heating element in the lid instead of the solid metal elements I've seen posted on the site. But any instructions should be a good start.

I'm also looking for pics of the inside of the lid. The ones I've seen have a box around the thermostat. Mine seems to be different.

Thanks in advance,
    Kevin

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by