Brower incubator...any one use one like this?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by doodledoo, Oct 24, 2008.

1. doodledoo

doodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2008
    Cartersville, GA
  2. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I own two of them and I will stack them up against any of the high dollar cabinet type incubators any day! I just recently hatched 10 of 12 blue barred rock eggs in the oldest one. I consistantly have good hatches in them and sold both my LG and Hova because they don't even come close to performing like these metal browers do. They hold heat incredibly well and once your temp is set, forget it, no need for more adjustments. The only complaints I have is that with the small window it is very difficult to see what's happening and that you will likely have to add a second water dish in order to raise your humidity enough for hatch. They are spot on and I would buy another if one came up close by for sale. I have a 11400-3 and a 1670-3. Couldn't be more pleased.

3. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    I had one and sold it on ebay a few months back. now I wish I hadn't I need another bator bad.
    They are very good incubators once you get the temp set right in them. I had very good hatches from it. Mine had an auto turner in the bottom so I just set it and it did all the turning for me

4. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    I have heard a lot of good about these. I dont know if they were Browers, but my parents and grandparents had similiar metal incubators and had consistently good hatches.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by