Brower incubator help needed.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by fshinggrl, Mar 28, 2011.

1. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    I don't have eggs to add to it yet, but am trying to get my 'ducks' in a row. There is a little (1/4"?) pie-shaped divider in there on top of the mesh. HOW do you make sure the eggs are fat side up? Do you lay the eggs on their sides with the fat side towards the middle of the 'bator? I can't see how you could 'stack' them so they would be little side straight down.

I downloaded the instructions and cannot 'see' how it is done. I am borrowing this incubator and the owners said their last hatch was unsuccessful. I do not know how many hatches they have had.

Thanks!

2. macdoogle

macdoogle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    San Diego
    I would just lay them on their sides. Once they start hatching they rock and can re-position themselves. Also once some chicks are out it's amazing how much the move. They start climbing all over and knock the unhatched eggs everywhere..

3. NancyP

NancyP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    You lay the eggs on their side. Fill each piece of pie, the divider moves and rolls the eggs during incubation. For lock down you disengage the turning mechanism and set your humidity. It does not matter which end points toward the middle. Good luck.
    Nancy

4. Josie

Josie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    NancyP is right, just lay them on their sides. The thing that I have makes the biggest difference in hatch rates in my Brower is protecting from breezes, surrounding the incubator with cardboard boxes or one time, a yoga mat.

5. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Thank you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by