Brower incubator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by IggiMom, Apr 26, 2009.

1. IggiMom

IggiMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    West Virginia
    Everyone seems to like the 1588 Hovabator, and some people like the Brinsea, but no one has mentioned the Brower that I can see.

Does anyone know anything about these? I like that you can wash them in the dishwasher.

Just wondering...

[​IMG]

2. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    I have a brower top hatch and I Love it! Just dont leave it in for the drying cycle on the dish washer or it will warp. I learned that the hard way. Other than that I love mine! Heres a Pic:

[​IMG]

3. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:Top Hatch have an opinion of being temperature unstable if the room temp swings widely, just like styrobators.

Turner is build in.

Also they make grinding noise even if turner is disengaged I have learned.

Since it's durable construction it is better value than any styrobator.

The universal racks will accept any egg size without buying racks for each species like most bators require.

I wouldn't mind to have one, but my next step if any would be Dickey.

4. IggiMom

IggiMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    West Virginia
    Well, that is interesting. Thanks for the info and the pic. What makes the eggs turn? I looked at the picture and cannot figure it out.

5. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    I am supposed to be getting two of the Brower looking incubators this week. Not sure if they are actual Browers or something else? Since I am used to the styrofoam incubators and a little TX, it should be interesting figuring them out! I have heard both good and bad things.

6. showme31

showme31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Moscow Mills MO
    I have a brower and I love it. I keep a blanket wrapped around it like the pic above and a towel over the top due to the blinking light. I run it in my guest room with the door open and we don't even notice the grinding noise anymore.

I haven't run mine thru the dishwasher. I just scrub and sterilize by hand. Hubby this weird thing about "animal stuff" around food stuff.

I was lucky when I went to buy mine, I picked out the foam one and hubby said no way was he paying that much for foam and recommended the brower. Good hubby, LOL.

Smiles
    Jul

7. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    What is that thing you have around your brower bator jenlyn4

8. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    I too love the Brower Top Hatch. I use a TX-6 now but would buy another one is I needed a larger one. The eggs are turned by a spoked insert that rotates on the bottom of the tub. It moves very slowly and when the spoke bumps against the eggs it moves them. The TX-6 uses the same principal. The eggs lay on their side just as they would under a hen. Many people put a cozy on theirs like Jenlynn has done. I just used a piece of bubble wrap and taped it. It helps keep the temperature more steady if you have it in a room that has temp swings. It is heated by a 60 watt bulb that turns off and on and the motor that turns the tub does make some noise. If you do not have a place other than a bedroom, it may not be the best choice. I had mine in a closet in this extra bedroom/computer room. I would not buy a foam unit again but that is just me.

9. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:Hug your hubby, he is darn right and smart not willing to pay $160 or more for a foam (styrobator)

Brower Top Hatch is much better choice than any styrobator, it is durable, dishwater washable, has cheap and easy replecable heat source (light bulb).

It has larger egg volume that any styrobator, no need to buy extra racks for different egg sizes.

However if you need to hatch only 24 chicken eggs at a time Brinsea 20 ECO is your best choice.

And it is less expensive than Top Hatch and styrobator Genesis.

Read the Brinsea hatches reports on this board!

WOW!

10. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    However if you need to hatch only 24 chicken eggs at a time Brinsea 20 ECO is your best choice.

[​IMG]
    I agree, and it is also dishwasher safe.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by