Brower Incubator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chicklette 1, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Chicklette 1

Chicklette 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Kentucky
    Has anyone used a Brower Incubator? They have been in business since 1924 so I expect they are good but have never incubated eggs before so I do not really know. I looked at all the common brands but this appealed to me the most. I did purchase one and will be trying it out but wondered if anyone has used one and if there is anything I should be aware of with this unit. Thanks for any input you can give me.

2. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    well considering you bought this unit new???? and just recently bought it,,, i would think it is a Brower Top hatch incubator,,, i have an older model Top hatch,,, and i have nothing good to say about this incubator,,, except it turns the eggs lol,,, but i have heard that the newer models are great incubators,,,, i hope you have lots of luck with your new incubator!!!!

3. Chicklette 1

Jul 8, 2010
    Kentucky
    Thank you very much for the response. It is a new top hatch model and the only problem I see is that I will not be hatching many eggs at one time and I think I have to add fake eggs or golf balls to balance the weight. I was wondering about sending it back and getting a smaller unit that does the humidity, turning and auto temp adjustment but I don't know what brand is the best even after looking at them all on the internet. Any suggestions or are they all somewhat of a problem? I know MaMa does the best job but I wanted this as a back-up in case mom changes her mind mid stream.

4. jm93030

jm93030 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Quote:I sure for what you are looking for the best incubator will be the Brinsea. They have a system that regulates humidity it goes around the $400 for the whole set up, if you go to facebook find them sometines they give 10% discounts

there are other option
    like the Brinsea eco aroun $99

ask around here and you gill get lots of feedback from this incubators

5. Chicklette 1

Jul 8, 2010
    Kentucky
    Thank you.....I'll check them out. Four hundred is a little pricey for me for a back-up but maybe in the long run it would be the best investment.

6. jm93030

jm93030 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Quote:It is true $400 sounds like a lot

But belive me , this system is a real SET IT AND FORGET IT

Dont have to worry about humidity or turning

The system does it all

7. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    your tophatch should treat you well, but if i may be wrong, then just getting a brinsea incubator for 2oo dollars would be really good as well

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by