1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Brower Model #846 Incubator - Montgomery Wards 1979 Model

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by HallFamilyFarm, Jan 17, 2013.

1. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm PA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Collins, Arkansas
    Found this Brower #846 Incubator on a local classified site. Could not resist getting it. We plan on using it as a hatcher for now. May consider selling it in the future. However, this IS NOT for sale at this time. We have a Genesis over loaded with eggs, so really needed a hatcher. The top layer in the Genesis will be transferred to the Brower just as soon as the temperature is regulated. The manufacturer sold this as a 100 egg incubator. To be honest, I have seen these, but never used one. I drove by a BYC friend's pet store and let her see it. It is a bit different than her mother's 1950ish Sears model.

This has the manufacturer's instructions with a date on the last page in the lower right hand corner : 2/79. Guessing that means Manufactured in February 1979.

last night I tried to find a photo and information on line and there was nothing. So posting the photos etc so others can find the information if they need it. Here are the photos.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  2. breedlovefarm

breedlovefarm Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2011
    Buckley, WA
    I found a man who is a wealth of information and very kind to boot. His name is Dave at Rocky Top General Store (they have a website) and his number is 865-882-8867. Give him a try. Julie

3. heritagehabitatfarms

heritagehabitatfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2009
    clinton ar
    looks good Jim!!!

4. Lednewyar

Lednewyar New Egg

Nov 7, 2013
    I found one for sale in grapevine Texas, working with the guy to get it shipped here to missouri. I had the smaller one many years ago when I was a teen. Sure wish I kept it. I think these were the best built incubators. A few mods to the thermostat and there is no telling how long it will last.

5. GalloNX4

GalloNX4 New Egg

Dec 26, 2015
    Has anyone replaced the complete thermostat switch on the 846?
    Which is the best switch to buy & from where?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by