BROWER ROUND BATOR reaching 100 bucks on ebay!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pascopol, May 3, 2009.

1. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
  2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

PumpkinPup was just selling one or two of these the other day... she said they are WAY more reliable than any LG...

3. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    That 845 is a very small incubator. It only holds around 24 eggs. The one I had for sale was over three times that size. That one does not look to be in very good shape either [​IMG] Seems like a bit too much money for that particular one considering the condition.

The old Browers are highly dependable and I always had wonderful hatches in mine.

I have a sportsman but am still keeping one of my two big browers because they as so good for a hatcher. [​IMG]

4. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:Do you want sell one of those Browers? since you are saying "I am keeping one" ?

I'll buy one in a heartbeat.

5. warhorse

warhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Cibolo, TX
    I have a Brower that is a couple years old and it is plastic. I hadn't had much luck with it my first couple hatches, but I have since moved it from my laundry room (possible CO from the hot water heater?) and gotten a newer thermometer. I liked the design of it better than the Little Giants when I was looking to buy one.

One question to anyone who has used them: does the "rotating" seem to be related to egg size? I just put a few smaller eggs in and they don't seem to rotate as well as "large" and "XL" sized eggs but they are too big to fit more than the 6 in the pie shaped holder. I have been manually rotating them twice a day in addition to whatever rolling around they happen to get done in between.

6. Lyz

Lyz Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    [​IMG]

We use our old round metal bator for the heat source when we have a large hatch...keeps the chicks from smothering each other....and it works great because it is so big around...

7. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Thats exactly what the ones I just got this weekend look like.
    $100 on ebay???? Then I got a deal. [​IMG]

8. Lyz

Lyz Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    Yeah...I would say so...this one is very old...my parents used it for incubating...then when we got into hatching large broods....they gave it to me to use for a heat source...it still works great for hatching and the temps are very accurate...but i get many more eggs in the hova with my homemade egg turners...which i cannot put into the round one....

9. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    One of the round ones holds 100 eggs and the other holds 50 eggs.
    I dont know too much about these kind of incubators so good to know they are still useful!

10. Lyz

Lyz Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    the one i have can hold 100 full size eggs...i can only imagine how many bantam eggs i could fit in this sucker...have not tried that yet....it is still in great shape...they work really good too...we have had good luck with them....good luck when you hatch...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by