Brown Coturnix eggs for sale - *SOLD*!!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Mrs MIA, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have 35+ coturnix eggs available for someone that would like to hatch these little darlings. $18, including shipping, to go out on Monday (10/6) post with any extras I may collect this weekend. Paypal preferred so I can ship them out right away.

There are "normal" brown coturnix, and "Jumbo" Coturnix. Of the jumbos, there is the chance for a couple of Goldens in the mix.

Incubation:
    They hatch in 16 days @ 99.5°F forced air, ~50% humidity
    At day 14, increase the humidity to ~ 65-75% humidity.
    They do well hatching in a carton, too.
    Brooding is just like a chicken, starting at ~ 90-95°F and dropping 5°F each week until they're fully grown, which in their case is 6 weeks of age. They start laying eggs from 5.5-7 weeks. The male is identifiable by the salmon colored breast feathers, and a gurgling cat-call crow. They are sweet and personable, and not as flighty as the Buttons or Bobwhites.

If you would like them, post "Sold" here, and I will PM you the information!
    Thank you~ [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  2. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Oh boy... and now a client of mine gave me another 60 eggs that he collected this last week from his mixed coturnix pens... they hatch the CUTEST babies!
    Any takers?

3. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    * I must look away! *

[​IMG] Tori if i had more room i would so get these eggs from you but both my bators are full and i have hatches almost everyday this week

UGH! wheres that 3rd bator when you need it! [​IMG]

4. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Are you including the eggs your client gave you or the 38 you offered?

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Stop tempting me! My first batch should start laying eggs in the next week or so. So eggciting!

6. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Quote:I have zero space in my incubators right now with all the chukar and bobwhite eggs... so all 100 or so are up for grabs.

There are now 43 of my eggs, which are pure browns... no mixing going on.
    There are 60 of the mixed eggs, which will produce browns, goldens, and other combinations of the two... very cute chicks. All of the eggs have been collected this last week. If someone wants them all, it would be $26 total to ship them out. Or, we can share the wealth and I can split them 50/50 for the $18 each.

Bantamman13 - I got your PM @ 5:51am this morning... at this point they are still available as no one has said they specifically want them... [​IMG] I'd like to ship them out today, though... they're all just sitting there, tempting me to put together another incubator, and my husband will definitely boot my butt out to the chicken coop if I do... [​IMG]

7. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Quote:That is so exciting!!! Well, you don't need these then, because in a couple of weeks you'll be setting your own!! LOL!

8. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    have you sold the 100 yet? that is too good to pass up.

9. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Quote:Nope... have not... first one to post "Sold" gets as many as they want.
    [​IMG]
    They are cute little boogers.

10. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Quote:Nope... have not... first one to post "Sold" gets as many as they want.
    [​IMG]
    They are cute little boogers.

okie dokie!

SOLD!

please PM me your paypal. thanks!

michele​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by