Brown e g g chicken laying white e g gs?!?!? Need help please!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Cocky, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Cocky

Cocky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2007
    Georgetown, SC
    I need some help. I played an A p r i l f o o l s joke on my wife today. I had my grandmother put white e g g s out and take up all our green and brown e g g s except a few while my wife and I were at work. Now my wife is calling me very excitedly wanting me to check BYC to find out how this is possible, and if a chicken can lay two e g g s in one day (my g-ma put out one too many) so if someone could send me a pm explaining how that every so often while they are changing e g g cycles some ch ic ke ns will change their e g g colors and can even lay two. You could even add that if they are in a flock together that the horomones or something scientific can cause several ch ic ke ns to do it at the same time. That would be great! Of course I am going to tell her the truth later, but I want to wait until I've led her on a little longer.

Edited to fix the words that the mods mixed up

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  2. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Huh?? [​IMG]

3. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    [​IMG] that's one busy rooster!

4. Cocky

Cocky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2007
    Georgetown, SC
    also, r o o s t e r should be e g g

The mods really out did themselves this year [​IMG]

5. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    On a rare occasion a hen will produce more that one during a 24 hour period. And, since the brown ones are created by a coating deposited over a white shell, it is also (rarely) possible for a brown layer to produce a white one.

LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by