Brown egg layers??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by 14chickmama, Jul 17, 2011.

1. 14chickmama

14chickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    I have all brown egg layers, RIR, Delaware,buff orp, & black australorps! Well they are 19 weeks and 2 are laying eggs. I know one of my buff is one of them and she laid a brown egg with dark brown specks on it now the other egg that's being laid is solid brown and long skinny eggs. Does it matter the breed vs egg shape and color? Like could I exspect all my buffs to lay that color?

2. ddmiddle7

ddmiddle7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have two hens laying right now. But I have been getting my eggs from a buddy at work who gave me two of his hens, one Buff O. and one Production Red. I know that my buff lays a light creamy tan egg and my PR lays a darker brown egg sometime with spots sometimes without. I just got eggs from my buddy at work and he only has one PR left and she lays a really dark brown egg. I bet most of your buffs will lay a similar egg to what the first one is laying but they won't be the same. Every chicken lays her own color of egg and they can all vary a little bit.

3. 14chickmama

14chickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Quote:[​IMG] thank you!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by