Brown eggs/White eggs and cholesterol?

JanieMarie

Songster
14 Years
Aug 26, 2008
Georgetown, Minnesota
Someone was trying to tell me the other day that they didn't eat brown eggs because they are higher in cholesterol. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? I had never heard this before.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. Feel free to move it mods.

That's totally untrue. The color of the shell is only pigment. The egg is the same on the inside. You'd be surprised at the number of people who believe that, though!

lol.png
A lady at the grocery store once tried to get me to believe that the color of the egg has to do with what the hens are being fed.

Ignorance must be bliss for some people. I just couldn't see how this could possibly be true. An egg is an egg is an egg. Sometimes I think the world is devoid of any common sense.

you can't change the color of the egg-- and each breed tends to have their own "shades"... but I was told that the depth of the color does vary with their diet....????

I thought it was the same as cow rules: White cow, white milk. Brown cow, chocolate milk. White hen, white egg. Brown hen, brown egg. But what about Barred Rocks?
hu.gif

Quote:
you mean to tell me that you havent seen the zebra striped eggs!??..
roll.png

Guess I missed those! Are they for sale, I'll try to hatch anything. I've been all over e-bay looking for swans and flamingos...........
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom