brown eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mullers3acers, Nov 9, 2007.

1. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    I live in La Porte,IN and in some need of brown eggs. My hens are laying but customer demand right now is extremely high so the poor girls can't keep up. Is there anyone in Indiana land that help?????[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Im not sure where la port is from me, I am in SE indiana..jenningc county....and getting 2 dozen a day!! I just took 15 dozen to a local mom and pop store up the road...I had 23 dozen in the fridge!! [​IMG]

3. mullers3acers

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    We are about an hour from Chicago, 20 minutes from Michigan City and about 40 mins from South Bend. Does that help?

4. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Deb, La Porte is about 4 hours from Scottsburg, Indiana.

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

WOW, ok, so that wouldn't work! LOL Thats about a 4 hr drive....at least! Sorry I can help...

6. mullers3acers

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    Thanks for the effort I was hoping for someone a little closer.

7. mullers3acers

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    Still looking for help?

8. henjoy

henjoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    I'm in mid-Michigan and really too far away to help, but I just have to sympathize with your predicament. We had the same situation in late summer. It is a bit like having too may bills and not enough money to pay them. The bill collectors (egg customers) keep calling. We had customers calling and very disappointed when we were eggless. Our problem was finally solved when our ISA Brown pullets came online in September. We now are getting about 2 dozen a day and pretty much able to keep up. You just need to get more chickens. LOL Good luck.

9. mullers3acers

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    Thanks,
    How many girls do you have? We have 52 and get anywhere from 21 to 24 eggs a day. Still can't keep up. I know it's frustrating for the customers because I had one at the egg cooler slammed the top because we didn't have any eggs, then threw his arms in the air as if he was mad because now he had to go into town(which is only about 10 min away). It's feast or fammine around here sometimes.[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Mareloo

Mareloo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2007
    South Africa
    That is what I call a booming business!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by