Brown jelly like liquid with poop over night

Honomi

Songster
9 Years
Sep 3, 2013
Cornwall, England
I've noticed one of my chicken's done quite a bit of amount of the brown jelly like liquid with poop when I went to clean the roost at my daily routine first thing in the morning a week ago. She didn't lay egg that day and she had sign of egg binding next day. I only saw her once or twice in the past she had odd cycle and struggled to lay egg before the sunset so this is very unusual for her (she's been laying egg every day for the past year and a half non stop daily bases.)
After a week gone since that brown jelly consistency stuff with her poop, I don't think she's laid any eggs at all, instead I saw the same thing happened yesterday and today again.
I've studied the possibilities of "stop laying eggs" through few articles so I understand the possible causes such as lack of daylight, cold temperature, stress, diet, age and etc. I'd like to find out why she's doing this and not laying eggs. Does anyone know or seen anything like this before?
Apart from she's suffered one bloated and lethargic day, she's doing normal activity, eating a bit less but has appetite and drinking ok. Is there anything to worry about?

No, this brown jelly one is not the same hen in the thread of the link you mentioned above.
Because I only have tow hens and every night I check which hen sleep in which side of the perch.
This hen, called Tikka, has behaved normal today although still hasn't laid an egg for 9 days.

Thanks for the links above. None of the pictures are exactly the same but perhaps like you said she might eaten something she shouldn't. She was running around garden and did normal activities today so hopefully has cleared up from her system.

Back
Top Bottom