brown, kinda runny poo -- is this a problem?

wits end gardens

Chirping
Jun 13, 2019
So I'm going to post a pic of one of my girl's poo. Normally on any other site it might be against the rules, but here, I'm thinking it's OK.

Augusta has survived the attack by the weasel. She is inside with her sister. She is walking, eating, quacking, bathing. But today I noticed a couple piles of abnormal poo. It's darker in color and has a runny consistency. Pic below.

She was on antibiotics for a few days, but hasn't had any for at least 3 days. They are both getting probiotics and electrolytes in their water.

After everything she's been through, I just don't know if this is something to worry about or not.

Food has been layer pellets, fresh ice berg lettuce and beet leaves (maybe that's the coloring??)

Any thoughts are welcome!!

Attachments

• IMG_3506.jpg
    IMG_3506.jpg
    532.5 KB · Views: 19
I'm guessing since there's quacking involved it's a duck...

Best feed for your ducks would be a waterfowl feed, or if you have a mixed flock with different types of birds (chickens, turkeys, geese) an all flock feed is your best choice. Iceberg lettuce doesn't provide them with much more than water, so Romaine is a better choice of lettuce treat.
Looks like a normal duck poo to me, but a tweak in diet could prevent any future problems.

Best feed for your ducks would be a waterfowl feed, or if you have a mixed flock with different types of birds (chickens, turkeys, geese) an all flock feed is your best choice. Iceberg lettuce doesn't provide them with much more than water, so Romaine is a better choice of lettuce treat.
Looks like a normal duck poo to me, but a tweak in diet could prevent any future problems.

Thanks for the info!

:goodpost:

Back
Top Bottom