Brown Leghorn Roo for free or trade in Tulsa area

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sred98, Apr 15, 2009.

1. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I have a lovely brown leghorn roo that I got from Atwood's in March. He is a lovely bird and seems like he is going to be a great Roo for the girls. He keeps watch, helps them scratch, and makes sure everyone is tucked in before he goes to bed.

When I got him, I thought he was a different type of bird, and I already have a few Welsummer and Barred Rock roos, so I just don't have room.

He is fairly friendly, he doesn't want to be held, but doesn't fight you when you do hold him. He will come up and sit by me when he is getting treats. He seems like he is pretty bold for a leghorn. Not too skittish.

I am open to any trade. I am really looking for plants for the yard. I have enough chickens for now.

PM me if interested. This is for local trade only. I do not want to stress him out by shipping him. Here is a pic from 2 weeks ago of him. He is the 2nd bird. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=158350

Thanks,

Shelly

2. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Hello, fellow Okie [​IMG]
    Are you possible coming to our People of Oklahoma Poultry Swap (POOPS [​IMG]) on the 25 at the KOA in Choctaw?
    I have four young BL pullets, and I would like to get them a rooster [​IMG]

3. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Quote:TAKEN!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by