Brown Leghorn/Silver Wyandotte cross?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by sekeyslaks, Dec 12, 2015.

1. sekeyslaks

sekeyslaks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2014
    I was wondering if anyone has pictures of a cross between a Brown Leghorn rooster and a Silver Laced Wyandotte hen?I was just playing around with the chicken calculator and I thinks the results look pretty but I would love to see real-life pictures for my own research!:)

2. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    The chicks would technically be red sexlinks, though the differences between male and female chicks might not be very obvious until they begin to feather in.
    Male chicks will be black and white. Female chicks will be golden/red with black patterning. There will likely be about a 50/50 split between laced chicks and partridge-type patterning.

3. sekeyslaks

sekeyslaks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2014
    Wow I knew that a gold male and silver hen made sex-links but I didn't think a leghorn had that much gold to make one with!That's very interesting..

4. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    All chickens are either red/gold base color or silver base color. A Brown Leghorn is a red/gold bird with black partridge-type patterning. A Silver Laced Wyandotte is a silver bird with black lacing pattern. The pattern genes don't matter, only the base color.

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    X2 on both of junebuggena's posts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by