Brown Leghorn? Welsummer?

BackyardBradshaw

Songster
Jan 26, 2021
Florida, USA
Anyone know what breed this beautiful girl is? We got her at Rural King, she's around 10wks old now. She doesn't match any of the breeds we bought so I'm thinking she was put in the wrong bin.

I'm still learning my breeds so I'm having a hard time figuring her out. She's much smaller than the others her age so I'm wondering if she's a type of bantam maybe?

Google searches that look similar are Welsummer or Brown Leghorns. I honestly have no idea though.

Attachments

• 20221101_205607.jpg
    20221101_205607.jpg
    793 KB · Views: 55
Anyone know what breed this beautiful girl is? We got her at Rural King, she's around 10wks old now. She doesn't match any of the breeds we bought so I'm thinking she was put in the wrong bin.

I'm still learning my breeds so I'm having a hard time figuring her out. She's much smaller than the others her age so I'm wondering if she's a type of bantam maybe?

Google searches that look similar are Welsummer or Brown Leghorns. I honestly have no idea though.
Easter Egger! ;)

The legs are green colored from slate shanks over yellow legs and the comb is pea.

Those were good guesses though! :pop

I have EE, Leghorn, and welsummer, they look similar. The EE has fluffy face, the leghorn has blue ear lobes.
I agree. If this one is an Easter Egger, it is a strange looking one to me. Our Easter Eggers are very fluffy around their head and have a distinctive shape - it looks almost like a hawk.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom