Brown leghorn?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by browning6, Dec 3, 2012.

1. browning6

browning6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2012
    Winton, California
    In July my wife and I decided to get some chicks and we have loved them. but there is a hen that doesnt look like a brown leghorn but that is what the feed store says she was. the other two hens look like every google image of a brown leghorn that i have ever found. But i cant find any variation in coloring. the other leghorns have yellow legs this hen has grey legs. and the other leghorns have a littel patch of white close to their waddles and this hen does not. her coloring in very close to the americauna hen in the background of the picture buth this hen has no earmuffs at all. They are now about 18 to 19 weeks old
    The breeds they were selling at the feedstor at the time were

Barred rock
    Rhode Island Red
    Golden sex-link
    Americauna
    Brown leghorn

Is she a brown leghorn with a different coloration or did i get another breed? Either way I will be happy, I just want to know what she is.

[​IMG]
    she is on the lower left.

[​IMG]
    here is a shot of her back. that is the americauna next to her that shares a similar coloration.
    [​IMG]
    this pic is a little far away but she is on the left there.

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

That looks like an Easter Egger to me, but I am not sure. I have had EEs with no muffs.

3. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Yup, she's an EE.

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    she is a beardless EE

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I agree, easter egger.

6. browning6

browning6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2012
    Winton, California
    Thanks so much. Before i bought these chicks I didnt think i would like chickens this much but i love them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by