1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Brown liquid poo: Gross picture included

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by FionaRyder, Apr 10, 2016.

1. FionaRyder

FionaRyder New Egg

Apr 10, 2012
    Jonesborough TN
    [​IMG]
    I have been seeing this poo around, except sometimes it's completely runny with no solids in it. I have given some Corrid for three days just in case it was coccidia, (I want to catch it early). I am also feeding medicated chick feed since they are still juveniles. Any advice is welcome! Background: It's not hot here, there's only 6 birds- all in clean conditions. They drink from a Hen Hydrator (bucket with nipples). One of my girls has some liquid poo on the feathers right around her vent. They are all eating and drinking well. Thanks for your help!!!

2. vr1967

vr1967 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2016
    Liberty, MS
    Watching. Mine has the same and this morning starts day 7 of Corid. No (more) blood in stool though.
    Hopefully it is normal

3. FionaRyder

FionaRyder New Egg

Apr 10, 2012
    Jonesborough TN
    Mine hasn't had any blood yet- I think I'm going to go to the store and get some plain yogurt and sprinkle a bit of scratch on it. I wonder if you can mix ACV and corrid in their water without an adverse reaction? Keep me updated on your poo! :D

4. vr1967

vr1967 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2016
    Liberty, MS
    Anyone else have any input?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by