brown/white chinese cross?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by bock, Jun 4, 2010.

1. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    I have a female brown chinese and a male white chinese from Metzer Farms. They are only 12 weeks old right now, but if they crossed what would their offspring look like? Does anyone have any pics of them? Thanks! [​IMG]

2. blissdragon

blissdragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Viroqua, WI
    This is just a total guess, but my guess would be that you would have a percentage of white goslings and a percentage of brown.
    ? It probably depends also on the parentage of the geese that you have, if the brown carries white, for instance, you might get a greater percentage of whites. Again, totally speculating based on my beginners impression of goose color genetics.
    [​IMG]

Dana

3. Puddle Foot Farm

Puddle Foot Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Maryland
    The brown pattern will probably lighten a bit and they'll probably have mixed orange/black feet and beaks.

This thread has some pictures of Brown chinese/embden crosses, which can apparently turn out to be sex linked. I imagine the the result will be similar with chinas. [​IMG]
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=49002

You should experiment and share pictures with us, though. [​IMG] I'm trying to figure out goose color genetics for myself and experimenting with my toulouse gander and white chinese geese currently. Unfortunately, there are not many pictures of mixed color geese available.. Or at least I've only seen a couple.

Good luck with your geese!

4. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Thanks for the pictures! [​IMG] I will certainly hatch some babies when they are old enough to have fertile eggs. [​IMG] So about 2 years right? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by