Brrrr.....its cold tonite! Whatcha fixin for dinner?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by halo, Dec 4, 2010.

1. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I pulled out some potato soup that I froze a couple of months ago...very hearty, ground beef, green beans, potatoes, peppers, mmmmmm.....but definitely cool weather fare. Im baking some popovers to go with it...that will be great for tonite! What are you guys fixing on this cold cold night?

2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    i made buttered noodles and cooked thin steak. (forget what kind it is). now i am making home-made sticky buns. [​IMG]

3. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    We made chili [​IMG] But potato soup sounds GREAT!!!

4. biddyboo

biddyboo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Ashland, Missouri
    A pot of chili and a pan of Lighter-Than-Air Cinnamon Buns. Awful biting-wind cold here tonight. ~G

5. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    Made a ginormous pot of kale soup. Have 7 jars in the pressure canner now and am eating the rest. Most certainly a soup night when it's just 20 degrees! I also have some leftover chili in the fridge that I might dive into later. It sure is that time of year!

6. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    I think SOS over mashed potatoes sounds really good right now....I just was outside for a bit more than an hour and I am sooooo cold.

7. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    What's a popover?

I'm having Sweet & Sour Chicken (I'm at work, so no cooking tonight). I made a huge pot of chili the other night though. It's suppose to be down to 30 here on Tuesday and I have a doe that will be kidding any day! [​IMG]

8. Moabite

Moabite Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Utah
    I pulled out some home made Chili con Carne that I made 3 weeks ago from the freezer. I'm sure you probably understand when I say " I love my Cooking!"[​IMG]

9. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    perhaps i should have just made the dinner and not the sticky buns... they didnt come out right for some reason... i swear its because when i dont use the envelope (for the yeast) . i used it from the jar kind... it comes out crappy. funny the first time i made it, it was perfect. owell.. perhaps i should have made soup like the op! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  10. Up-the-Creek

Up-the-Creek Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    West Virginia
    We had chili and grilled cheese sandwiches,.....perfect for this cold weather!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by