Brrrr...looking for chickens in SE Wyoming to buy

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Wyo Chick, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Wyo Chick

Wyo Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

My brother iand his wife have caught the chicken bug! They are in the process of building a coop. They live in Cheyenne, WY. Where do you go to find pullets out there? I know they will probably have to look in Colorado. But where to start? Any suggestions?

2. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

I'd try some of the local feed stores. Do you have a Murdochs nearby? They should have chicks until the end of April. I've also been getting birds from On Manifested Wings in Byers, CO http://www.manifestedwings.com/
    Aimee
    has some wonderful birds, and I've been very happy with them.

Sonja

3. cherndon712

cherndon712 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    Hi there! I'm up in Casper! Not many of us in WY, I know that! A few in northern WY on here too!
    I have chicks I've hatched and am hatching now. What breeds are they looking for?

4. Wyo Chick

Wyo Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

This is there first time wit chickens. They want a sturdy laying chicken. They live on the prairie, but do have a chicken house for them to live in. I found a number to their local ag center. Hopefully, they can help them.Not to many people from Wyoming on this chat. I live in Wy my entire live and moved to the south 13 years ago. Much easier living here. You have to be tough to live inWY![​IMG]

5. cherndon712

cherndon712 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    [​IMG] Heck yeah you do!! I love when people from CO come up here when it's 50 degrees, and ask me how I can wear just a tank top!! HELLO, when you're hauling feed and cleaning coops and such it gets HOT LOL

ETA: I do have some laying breeds that I've hatched, and more in the bator! I do bantams too, but some aren't as cold hardy as others. I have several breeds I do keep heat lamps on!!

Last edited: May 2, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by